Here are seven links that are worth the time that it takes to read them if you are interested in systems security.
The Evil Maid attacks again:
- ITPro article: Researchers break into Windows encryption feature,
- the original research behind the attack,
- article about Microsoft’s response.
Two Trusted Computing articles:
- “openSUSE is now the first operating system to offer full TC support” (from 11/24/2009)
- Trusted Computing in the Cloud: Towards Trusted Cloud Computing (from Hot Topics June 2009).
An introduction to Tin Hat Linux which is a Linux distribution based on hardened Gentoo which “was conceived as a challenge to the old mantra that physical access to a system means full access to the data”.
Everybody is talking about the botnet on AWS: Zeus botnet finds hold in Amazon cloud. From now on, I fully expect that stories about botnets controlled from within a cloud will become a footnote, rather than noteworthy and they will be served with standard takedown notices.